DVD downloading updates by default?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri May 3 23:10:10 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-03 at 20:36 +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
> In my testing so far, despite not checking the  "Don't install the latest
> available software updates. Install the default versions provided by the
> install source above." checkbox, I've never seen updates downloaded. Is this
> because the updates it's referring to are only stable updates, which are
> only available after the Final Gold decision? And if that's the case, is
> there a danger that there could be bugs associated with downloading updates,
> which would only be seen after that time (at which point nothing could be
> done to fix them)?

In F18 that function was completely broken, and personally I didn't yet
get around to checking exactly what it does in F19. In oldUI, certainly,
you could choose whether to include -testing or not; if newUI doesn't
present it as an option it must be picking one choice or the other for
you.

If indeed it only allows you to get stable updates, then yeah, we would
need to hack something up to test that, as the updates repo is not
populated before release. Thanks for bringing this up; we'll need to
work it out with the anaconda folks.