TC3 testing

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun May 5 01:14:47 UTC 2013

Recent Fedora 19 kernels have been flakey on my ECS 945GCT-m/1333
motherboard
with a Celeron 430 and 2GB RAM.  That combination has been rock solid
with Fedora 16
but Fedora 19 locks up the disk i/o with the disk activity light on solid.

I like the Celeron 430 because its power drain is low.

I replaced the ECS motherboard with an Intel DG33BU.  I transferred the
430 and GPIB
card to the DG33BU and Fedora 19 Beta TC3 Xfce install (from a jump
drive) seems happy.

On the Core Duo 6550 box I tried using standard partitions instead of
LVM.  No luck.
I gave up and installed today's Rawhide using FC18 pxeboot.

On my main office machine (32GB 3660K) I cleaned out the Linux
partitions with fdisk and installed
Beta TC3 Xfce from the jump drive.

The bugs and hardware dependencies I've reported previously remain.
NFS mounts provoke a segfault.
The GNOME file manager does not associate WINE with .exe files.

Wine works on the 3770K installing and running Lady Heather and Ham
Radio Deluxe.
The long delays while installing Ham Radio Deluxe remain.
Wine will not install these apps on the Core Duo 6550 or Celeron 430.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com