virt-manager on F19

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon May 13 20:54:23 UTC 2013

On 05/13/2013 02:35 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Is anyone else getting virt-manager to work on F19?
>

> Install Fedora-Live-Desktop-x86_64-19-Beta-TC4-1.iso
> yum update
> yum groupinstall virtualization
>
> Virtual Machine Manager, when I click on localhost (QEMU), then go to the Edit menu, Virtual Machine Details is grayed out. This isn't the case with virt-manager on F18 so I'm not sure what's going on.

If you select the 'localhost (QEMU)' row, the 'Virtual Machine Details' menu
item is expected to be disabled, since you haven't selected a virtual machine.
Did this really work on F18?

> If I try to create a new VM, on step 2 of the wizard I get "Uncaught error validating install parametrs: argument of type 'bool' is not iterable" so I'm sorta stuck. I'm not finding a bug against virt-manager that relates so I'm wondering if there might be user error…

My brief testing didn't reproduce. Please reproduce with virt-manager --debug,
attach the output to a bug report, and I'll take a look.

Thanks,
Cole