virt-manager on F19

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon May 13 20:58:22 UTC 2013

On May 13, 2013, at 2:54 PM, Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/13/2013 02:35 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> Is anyone else getting virt-manager to work on F19?
>>

>> Install Fedora-Live-Desktop-x86_64-19-Beta-TC4-1.iso
>> yum update
>> yum groupinstall virtualization
>>
>> Virtual Machine Manager, when I click on localhost (QEMU), then go to the Edit menu, Virtual Machine Details is grayed out. This isn't the case with virt-manager on F18 so I'm not sure what's going on.
>>

> If you select the 'localhost (QEMU)' row, the 'Virtual Machine Details' menu
> item is expected to be disabled, since you haven't selected a virtual machine.
> Did this really work on F18?

F17 and F18. The localhost (QEMU) item is the only item I've ever had in the list. If I select this, how do I also select a virtual machine? What's the point of the localhost (QEMU) default entry if it isn't a VM, and isn't usable?

>> If I try to create a new VM, on step 2 of the wizard I get "Uncaught error validating install parametrs: argument of type 'bool' is not iterable" so I'm sorta stuck. I'm not finding a bug against virt-manager that relates so I'm wondering if there might be user error…
>>

> My brief testing didn't reproduce. Please reproduce with virt-manager --debug,
> attach the output to a bug report, and I'll take a look.

I've just reinstalled F19 Live beta TC4. Is the correct procedure to install virtualization:

yum groupinstall virtualization

Or other?

Chris Murphy