F19 (au jour) - Missing /etc/sysconfig/network still causes problems

Cristian Sava csava at central.ucv.ro
Mon May 20 15:24:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-20 at 17:07 +0300, Cristian Sava wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I reported here
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-May/115379.html
> the missing /etc/sysconfig/network causing problems to amavis (solved in
> amavis).
> Now NetworkManager ignore ip_forward and I switched to network
> (NM_CONTROLLED=no).
> No network after "systemctl restart network.service" due to ifcfg-ipv6
> bug in line 56.
> This line is ". /etc/sysconfig/network" (and maybe other places are
> similar).
> I lost the network and again I had to fix this by hand
> I had to change the interface name from enp4s0 (NM) to p4p1 (network)
> and enp5s0 to p5p1. WHY THIS???
> Fixing this gave me back the network, relaying is ok, but still not
> having DNS.
> Still debugging.
> Any clever advice?
Giving up. Revetring all to NM and all is ok, with IP FORWARDING
(/proc/sys/net/ip_forward = 1).
I do not understand why initially it did not work (I only copied back
the configuration files, nothing more - those saved as not working)
Now I have a full functional F19 mail server, antivirus & antispam, web
interface, dhcpd. F19 seem to be ok.
Still /etc/sysconfig/network bug remain here and there - may cause
future problems.

C. Sava