[Test-Announce] Fedora 19 Beta Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 22 19:12:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 13:11 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:57:28 -0700,
>    John Reiser <jreiser at bitwagon.com> wrote:
> >On 05/22/2013 08:30 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> >
> >> The old fedora-install-fedora.ks was used, 9d0717ccdad4151072a54d8f974367cad42c061d
> >> had to be picked up. The missing groups are part of environments, so
> >> these were dropped http://paste.fedoraproject.org/13689/69226468/
> >
> >It would be nice if the corresponding spin-kickstarts were packaged,
> >say in f19 [updates-testing], or at least somewhere that did not require
> >git accesses to the master source.
>
> Given that there is no freeze enforced for changing the ks files during
> the freeze period, it's kinda hard to get spin-kickstarts packaged up
> for the release. This time around things were especially bad because of
> the size issues that weren't corrected until the very last minute. I was
> intending to do an update after beta went gold.

We do make a point of making sure a matching spin-kickstarts package is
present in Final releases, but as Bruno says, it's a giant pain in the
ass to do so for Alpha / Beta and so mostly we don't.

What might be a _smarter_ way to do it might be to set up some kind of
cleverer mechanism for making the matching kickstarts available. It
seems like there should be some way we can have them injected into the
images and put on the mirrors as part of the compose process. But that'd
be a releng RFE, I guess.