Big problem with an update

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 25 04:32:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-24 at 23:01 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:

> I am a relative newcomer to Fedora (I'm a Debian refugee) so my
> knowledge of yum at the moment is pretty minimal.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be fixed? The system
> still boots fine

FWIW, the few times I got stuck in a case like that, I rpm -V'ed the
newer dupes, and if that resulted in an OK, you can do this:

rpm -e --justdb --noscripts (older version)

what that basically does is simply remove the entry from the RPM
database without running any scriptlets or actually deleting any files
from the filesystem.