Fedora 20 Swastika

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Nov 20 16:45:46 UTC 2013

On Nov 19, 2013, at 6:27 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> I see a closeup of 200 count Egyptian cotton weave.  I could in no why, no matter how hard I tried or squinted, see anything close to a swastika.

I thought about asking the OP for a tracing to make it easier for me to find. But after 4-5 minutes of looking at it, I definitely see a pizza… with the face of Jesus on it. And not the Jesus who puts food on the table, I mean the Jewish one.

On Nov 19, 2013, at 10:13 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 23:00 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>>
>> While I do not want to overrule any decisions made, I would like to note
>> that asking for self-selected opinions (in a not-the-most-diverse community)
>> on whether an item is potentially offensive to a minority is a somewhat
>> problematic methodology.  (That we have done in the past for Beefy Miracle,
>> so... I may be a hypocrite.)
>
> well, so far as I can tell, at least two of the people who've so far
> said they can't possibly make out a swastika are jewish, so…

I'm a gay, gays were among the many victims of the Nazis. Do I somehow have better visual acuity to locate swastikas? Fine, I'll use my 21st century gay powers to put this issue to rest. You've now got two Jews and a homo saying they don't see this thing.

Nevertheless, I think we really do need at least a 2nd and 3rd person, anyone, even Mr. Super White Straight non-Jew Male, see this thing also. It's either there or it isn't, and it's not like Nazism is exactly an ideology that works subliminally and subtly either. The context matters, and I see neither the context present nor its symbol.

On Nov 20, 2013, at 5:36 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:

> Probably related to this:
> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/concern_troll

I think we shouldn't accuse people of trolling unless they're clearly trolling. (i.e. don't resort to play ground name calling unless you've run out of logical arguments, and you can be funny rather than be a dick when resorting to it)

Chris Murphy