Fedora 20 Swastika

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 17:16:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2013, at 6:27 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> > I see a closeup of 200 count Egyptian cotton weave.  I could in no why,
> no matter how hard I tried or squinted, see anything close to a swastika.
>
> I thought about asking the OP for a tracing to make it easier for me to
> find. But after 4-5 minutes of looking at it, I definitely see a pizza…
> with the face of Jesus on it. And not the Jesus who puts food on the table,
> I mean the Jewish one.
>

> On Nov 19, 2013, at 10:13 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 23:00 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >>
> >> While I do not want to overrule any decisions made, I would like to note
> >> that asking for self-selected opinions (in a not-the-most-diverse
> community)
> >> on whether an item is potentially offensive to a minority is a somewhat
> >> problematic methodology.  (That we have done in the past for Beefy
> Miracle,
> >> so... I may be a hypocrite.)
> >
> > well, so far as I can tell, at least two of the people who've so far
> > said they can't possibly make out a swastika are jewish, so…
>
> I'm a gay, gays were among the many victims of the Nazis. Do I somehow
> have better visual acuity to locate swastikas? Fine, I'll use my 21st
> century gay powers to put this issue to rest. You've now got two Jews and a
> homo saying they don't see this thing.
>
> Nevertheless, I think we really do need at least a 2nd and 3rd person,
> anyone, even Mr. Super White Straight non-Jew Male, see this thing also.
> It's either there or it isn't, and it's not like Nazism is exactly an
> ideology that works subliminally and subtly either. The context matters,
> and I see neither the context present nor its symbol.
>

> On Nov 20, 2013, at 5:36 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > Probably related to this:
> > http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/concern_troll
>
> I think we shouldn't accuse people of trolling unless they're clearly
> trolling. (i.e. don't resort to play ground name calling unless you've run
> out of logical arguments, and you can be funny rather than be a dick when
> resorting to it)
>

> Chris Murphy
> --

I think I should retract my statement about removing it because of a
"swastika" looking graphic. I made the comment in references in order to be
 kind to people. I strongly agree that it the resemblance to a Nazi symbol
lacks any recognition, yet completely understand the reference. I'm sorry
that I piped up.