F20 Beta TC1 strange naming

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 3 20:15:01 UTC 2013

Adam Williamson <awilliam <at> redhat.com> writes:

> No, his point is that that's how it *should* be, but for TC1, doesn't
> appear to be the case - the DVD and netinst images are named as if they
> were RCs.

BTW, the same name issue appears when booting the install images - they are
named "20-Beta", instead of "20-Beta-TC1". How important is it to name the
TCs differently? It seems like just a user convenience (and a hassle for
whoever does the compose), and the RCs are named identically in any case, so
the user still has to be careful. I put each compose in a separate
directory, with ISOs named the same as in the corresponding CHECKSUM file,
so they can be verified with "sha256sum -c *-CHECKSUM", and I tell them
apart by directory. It doesn't help me much to have the TCs, but not the
RCs, named uniquely.

In principle it would be nice if both TCs and RCs were named uniquely, but I
realize it would be even more of a hassle to rename the RC and recreate/edit
the checksum file when one is picked as Gold.