F20 anaconda progress bar

Richard Ryniker ryniker at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 11 17:54:20 UTC 2013

On my last installation (TC4) anaconda's blue progress bar stalled at
approximately 40% while thousands of packages were installed.  I suspect
this is "Working as Designed".  There is a continuing display of package
names as they are installed, as well as counts of installed packages and
total number of packages to be installed, therefore a user is not likely
to think the installation process is stuck just because there is no
movement of the progress bar.  The little slide show below the progress
bar also continues.

This does, however, give an impression the installer is a bit crude:
during the longest part of the installation process, there is no movement
of the progress bar.

If someone does see better behavior of the anaconda progress indicator,
please post to say it is my experience that is wacky.