Moving away from reporting to RH bugzilla and adopting pure upstream reporting mantra.

Darryl L. Pierce mcpierce at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 20:44:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 07:55:44PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> >Out of how many total bugs? Simply reported 8k bugs without a comparison
> >tells us nothing.
> >
> >Considering that Fedora is roughly 120 months old, that's about 66 bugs
> >per month closed. That out of how many packages? That's, roughly, less
> >than 1 bug per package ever that's been closed as wontfix. (meaningless,
> >but think about it)
>
> That query was run against F17 which had our usually 13month run so
> I'm not sure where you got your 120 months from...

I was talking about the overall age of Fedora (see my first sentence up
to the comma).

Still, we have more than 8k packages (62,361) that's approximately 1 bug
that was closed for every 8 packages. Not a huge problem viewed that
way.

And, again, that's 8k out of how many overall bugs that were reported
against F17? *THAT* would be a more telling answer as to whether there's
even an issue here at all.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/