Error creating Xfce's Live image - Remmina & FreeRDP 1.1.0

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 20:12:22 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 15:00 +0200, poma wrote:
> On 28.04.2014 09:48, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 03:36 +0200, poma wrote:
> >
> >> I hope this will not further delay the construction of Xfce's Nightly
> >> live and image composes.
> >> Thank you.
> >
> > You don't really need to send out alert mails about this kind of thing
> > unless it lasts for a while (say three or four weekdays); soname bumps
> > are fairly common in Rawhide, and it's not really that unusual for it to
> > stop a live image composing for a short time while something gets
> > rebuilt. The broken dependencies are noted in the daily "Rawhide status"
> > emails sent to the devel@ list, so usually someone will catch them there
> > and do the rebuilds. Do let someone know if it's been several days and
> > no-one has caught it, though. Thanks!
> >

> Dear Adam,
> Troublesome relationship in between Mademoiselle Remmina and FreeRDP-1.1
> already exists for a long time, and Libgcrypt just brings it to the
> surface and all that reflects the way in creation of the Live images.
> I tried myself to fix the shity rdp part of the Remmina, however it is
> simply too broken, i.e. development of the FreeRDP has gone too far.
> By the way, at least I showed a temporary solution.
> I hope it's clearer now.

I see what you mean - however, if you're suggesting we just use an older
freerdp build for the Xfce images, that's not possible, we can't pick
and choose builds like that. It's *possible* to do a 'downgrade' of a
package in Rawhide as a whole (by bumping the Epoch), but we generally
try to avoid doing so as far as possible. It'd certainly need more
discussion on devel@ first.