fedup failure from F19->F20

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Apr 28 23:41:12 UTC 2014

On 04/28/2014 04:15 PM, Samuel Sieb issued this missive:
> On 04/28/2014 03:42 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> Prior to that, I get a ridiculous amount of package conflict errors,
>> most invoving perl:
>>
>>      perl-Params-Classify-0.013-7.fc19.x86_64 requires
>> perl-4:5.16.3-266.fc19.x86_64
>>
> That looks more like part of a broken dependency chain.  For example
> maybe you installed a package that requires some specific version of a
> perl package, but doesn't have an update.

Looking at the litany of errors reported in fedup.log, virtually every
Perl module I have seems to whine and they all say they want that
perl-4:5.16.3-266.fc19.x86_64 RPM. That is the perl version installed
and it's the latest version of perl available for F19. I'm rather stumped.

I will say that at one point the system did spit out a "Reboot to
complete upgrade" message and the system sorta sat there for a minute. I
thought "Hot dang! Just let it finish up...", but then the module
errors started scrolling by and I lost the message off the top of the
rollback buffer. I don't see a record of that message in the fedup.log
file either, so I think it was just teasing me.

I may rename this machine from "prophead" to "Lucy", since she keeps
pulling the football away just as I'm going to kick it.