rfc: expectations for partitioning, Fedora.next

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Feb 23 06:46:48 UTC 2014

On 02/23/2014 03:33 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2014-02-22 18:49 (GMT-0700) Chris Murphy composed:
>
>>> "This crappy partioning GUI in the installer is does not give me the
>>> amount of control on partitioning desired by me."
>
>> I don't understand this. It's the most capable GUI partitioner + OS
>> installer I've ever encountered, and I've used quite a few installers,
>> yet maybe I'm missing something obvious?
>
> openSUSE?

That's one point. Most people I have been talking to, are German and
thus quite likely have experience with the openSUSE. I for one, also
consider it to be the most evolved partitioner amongst those
installers/partitioners I've encountered throughout the years.

Another point people are referring to, is the "Usability" of Fedora's
partitioner's GUI. Esp. users with some Linux experience (no absolute
new comers nor experts/nerds), complain about "too much hidden voodoo"
and shy away from installing Fedora, because they are afraid of the
partitioner killing their existing partioning and them loosing the other
OSes they already have installed (Often Win + Ubuntu).

Ralf