rawhide - nightly composes

piruthiviraj natarajan piruthiviraj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 03:23:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:50:34 -0800
> Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > we've always had the idea that we should be doing automated testing of
> > the nightly composes, and for a short time we even did, using the
> > AutoQA 'rats' tests. These haven't worked for some time, but I
> > believe we're hoping to revive that with Taskotron once it's up and
> > running.
> >
> > Then maybe we can (finally) populate israwhideworkingyet.com , or
> > whatever it was the original zygote of the AutoQA idea was called :)
> >
> > I'm not sure manual 'voting' on installer images is a good way to go,
> > since there's such a huge variety of possible experiences with the
> > installer.
> >
> > I've been using today's nightly to do some test installs, FWIW, and it
> > gets most of the way through but then explodes with a keyboard layout
> > configuration problem. I'll look into that tomorrow.
>
> In addition to what Adam said... if they don't work for you, please
> please report a bug on it? If they aren't working for months on end for
> you it's unlikely to just randomly be fixed, you need to let someone
> know to fix it. ;)

Thanks for the answers. I shall certainly file a bug report for the
non-working images.

@Adam

> I'm not sure manual 'voting' on installer images is a good way to go,
> since there's such a huge variety of possible experiences with the
> installer.

I understand your concern, but something(voting) is better than nothing
right?
but if there is better solution as you have mentioned is coming right up in
a short while that is very much welcome.

Debian releases CD images every week for their testing repository and they
rarely fail to finish an installation  on multiple systems I have tested.
I think Fedora rawhide images has to be sturdy as well which will allow
more people to test rawhide.
Not trying to insinuate any disrespect for the hardworking fedora devs, but
just stating the info.