How do I disable edid check on kernel command line?

Flash flashl at dailybrood.com
Wed Jul 2 13:12:33 UTC 2014

Thanks for reply. Finally realized why I couldn't locate EDID folder,
kernel docs weren't installed.
Built default edids, copied 1920x1080.bin to /lib/firmware and
/lib/firmware/edid, adds
drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=DVI-I-1:edid/1920x1080.bin drm_debug=14
log_buf_len=16M to commandline. No change in behavior, commandline
firmware helper ignored. Boot DVI-I-1 signal drops during and/or after
LUKS prompt. Next, invalid EDID message appears although
/usr/bin/edid-decode validates /lib/firmware/1920x1080.bin.

My guesstimation so far is (1) once DVI-I-1 signal drops during boot
nothing I've done so far 're-connects' DVI-I-1; (2) although
1920x1080.bin is placed in /lib/firmware and /lib/firmware/edid neither
is found yet there is no notification/complaint; (3) for whatever
reason, video:DVI-I-1:e is also ignored. Is there another commandline
option to keep signal on for DVI-I-1?

Thanks again