Leaving the project

Richard Ryniker ryniker at alum.mit.edu
Tue May 20 15:34:40 UTC 2014

Thank you for years of work to improve Fedora.  All Fedora users benefit
to some extent from your efforts.

>as WG's slowy turn into tiny little empires fighting amongst themselves
>for components directions and maintenance...

Fedora (and linux in general) is growing larger.  As this happens,
management issues require more attention relative to technical issues.
Many (including you and me, I think) find management personally less
rewarding than technical effort.

Fedora has started to address some exciting and challenging issues.  You
are certainly correct when you forecast difficult times ahead.  In the
short term, it is hard to imagine no decrease in quality.  It will take
time to learn how to manage this vision.

I think this is valuable to do, but understand your desire to work where
you feel your efforts will be most productive.