Leaving the project

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:44:29 UTC 2014

On 05/20/2014 03:34 PM, Richard Ryniker wrote:
> Thank you for years of work to improve Fedora.  All Fedora users benefit
> to some extent from your efforts.
>
>> as WG's slowy turn into tiny little empires fighting amongst themselves
>> for components directions and maintenance...
> Fedora (and linux in general) is growing larger.  As this happens,
> management issues require more attention relative to technical issues.
> Many (including you and me, I think) find management personally less
> rewarding than technical effort.
>
> Fedora has started to address some exciting and challenging issues.  You
> are certainly correct when you forecast difficult times ahead.  In the
> short term, it is hard to imagine no decrease in quality.  It will take
> time to learn how to manage this vision.
>
> I think this is valuable to do, but understand your desire to work where
> you feel your efforts will be most productive.

I've been doing this for 8+ years and most part of those years I have
been advocating for multiple outputs from SIG ( products ) to be
delivered and advertised on equal ground, eliminating the discrimination
that takes place in our community by Red Hat and I can tell you here and
now we neither have the community infrastructure required to achieve
this nor is the approach they are taking sound and it will lead to failure.

Take your time and give this some serious thoughts and value your free
time you contribute to the project if still have faith in what they are
proposing as the future and the direction the project should be taken in.

JBG