Fedora-21a -

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Nov 28 16:42:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-11-27 at 13:09 -0500, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
wrote:
> I have an updated F-21 alpha that is working well. Is it any
> different
> than F-21 beta and eventually the final release?

I can think of two differences:

* Alpha and beta users have updates-testing enabled, so you will get
updates before they are released to general users, generally about one
week earlier. That way, a bad update will break testers' systems before
it reaches users. You can disable updates-testing by editing a file
in /etc/yum.repos.d if you so choose.
* This cycle, there were some minor differences in the applications that
are installed by default between alpha and beta/final. I think the beta
release has fewer GNOME applications (like Dictionary).