Fedora-21a -

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 28 23:21:00 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-28 at 10:42 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-11-27 at 13:09 -0500, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
> wrote:
> > I have an updated F-21 alpha that is working well. Is it any
> > different
> > than F-21 beta and eventually the final release?
>
> I can think of two differences:
>
> * Alpha and beta users have updates-testing enabled,

No, they don't. The default status of the repos is set in the package.
If you install Alpha or Beta, then there'll come a day when you run 'yum
update' and get a yum-repos package that disables updates-testing.

This happened a week or two back.

> * This cycle, there were some minor differences in the applications that
> are installed by default between alpha and beta/final. I think the beta
> release has fewer GNOME applications (like Dictionary).

True, but also not really anything specific to this release,
spin-kickstarts and comps changes do happen.