Transaction history when updated using gnome-software

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:18:04 UTC 2014

On 10 October 2014 12:00, Joonas Sarajärvi <muep at iki.fi> wrote:
>> No, it doesn't use yum at all.
> What does it use?

The librpm, hawkey and librepo libraries. We don't want to use DNF
itself as that would mean going from C->python->C for a low latency
parallel design, so PackageKit just uses all the same libraries as DNF
without actually using the python frontend itself. If DNF and yum do
want to share a config file (maybe even rpm as well), I'd certainly
support reading that (for things like installonlyn) although I think a
*lot* of the settings available in yum.conf make absolutely no sense
for applications like gnome-software.

Richard