Transaction history when updated using gnome-software

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:27:08 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Joonas Sarajärvi <muep at iki.fi> wrote:

> >> Follow up question - what config file would g-s follow? Does it use
> >> yum.conf? I had the install only limit set to 5 in dnf.conf, not in
> >> yum.conf, and g-s removed 3 of my older kernels.
> >
> > No, it doesn't use yum at all.
>
> What does it use?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ReplaceYumWithDNF seems to plan
> that dnf will replace yum in F22. Also I could not find anything in
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/21/ChangeSet related to not
> using yum for package management.
>
> -Joonas
> --

gnome-software using a PackageKit backend build ontop of hawkey[1], librepo
& rpm.
dnf is also build ontop of hawkey[1], librepo & rpm.

The transaction history is implemented in dnf.

So PackageKit, dnf & yum all have there own package transaction history.

There was some talk about a common backend to store these informations, but
dont know the state of that.

Tim

[1] : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Hawkey