Proposal: Split up QA:Testcase_desktop_updates into three separate test cases

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 28 16:00:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-04-28 at 04:20 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > So, I propose we split it into three separate test cases, and I've
> > drafted them up:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_base
> > _upd
> > ate_cli
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_desk
> > top_
> > update_graphical
>
> I find naming all the button names to be usually too over-specified.
> And it changes in time. I think more generic instructions are
> better, unless there is something really hard to discover (like the
> Refresh button in GNOME Software). But that's just a side note that
> occurred to me while reading the test case.

Heh, now you're making my arguments to me :P I remember people always
used to criticise me for my test cases being too vague, and I'd say it
was to stop them going stale...

The idea was that the meat of the instructions are the numbered
points, and those were sort of bonuses to give precise details for the
most common cases. I can try to hedge it a bit more to make that clear.