Proposal: Split up QA:Testcase_desktop_updates into three separate test cases

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 30 00:47:21 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 18:09 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hey folks!
>
> So several people have commented in the past that
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_updates is kind
> of
> a mess, and I think that's correct. I think we were trying to make
> things 'efficient' at the time by exercising several different things
> in one test, but it really does result in a messy, hard-to-comprehend
> test case.
>
> So, I propose we split it into three separate test cases, and I've
> drafted them up:

As the feedback was positive, I've gone ahead and implemented this. I
moved the test cases to production names:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_base_update_cli
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_update_graphical
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_update_notification

adjusted the test cases listed in the criteria pages, and updated the
Base and Desktop templates to use the separated cases. This will take
effect in the result pages from Final TC2 (Final TC1 still has the old
layout).

Thanks folks!