Currently the Gnome SW update mechanism seems to run faulty

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:53:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:33:47 -0400, Joerg Lechner wrote:

> Hi,
> when I run install updates via Yumex, there are no updates to install. When I try to do the same with Gnome SW there are 3 updates requested (see screenshot,......... this is my current way to explain, what I mean, because of lack of the correct English SW terms), but they will not be installed, when requested.
> I think the updates requested are already installed, but still requested. Or the "Betriebsystemaktualisierungen" are announced somewhere, but not in the library, where the updates will be taken to install, anyway there seem to be an error somewhere in Gnome. Date 2015-04-27 15:31 UTC. Is this worthwhile to file a bug?
> Kind Regards

I'd suggest doing a tiny bit of homework first to verify the "I think..."
part of your post:

gnome-software lists specific updates, such as firefox-37.0.2-3.fc22 and
gwenview-15.04.0-1.fc22

Which firefox and gwenview packages are installed? Query "rpm", not yumex.
rpm -q firefox gwenview

That would answer the first question, whether the system is really
up-to-date.

Next question: What happens when you ask it to reboot and update?

Last: Try clicking the arrow button at the top left corner to refresh/reload
to force gnome-software to work on the latest repo metadata. All those
package tools use their own caches, even their own history (and yumdb) and
things like that. For users it's typically a good idea to focus on a single
tool for the job, but some of the tools cannot do everything (e.g. they
hide some packages), so most users still use Yum, DNF, even plain "rpm" for
some tasks.