Heads up - Anaconda 22.17 will enforce 'good' passwords

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 29 01:32:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 19:23 -0600, John Morris wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-01-28 at 19:33 -0500, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> > On 01/28/2015 06:54 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > It was done as a follow-up / alternative to this Change proposal:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SSHD_PermitRootLogin_no
> > >
> > > a lot of the reaction to that was along the lines of 'well, why
> > > not just make sure the root password is secure', and that got
> > > picked up by anaconda folks. You can follow the discussion in
> > > the devel@ and anaconda-devel-list archives.
> > >
> > I just don't understand the reasoning here.
>
> Your understanding is no longer required.  It is the new alien
> thinking that goes with the alien tech.

(snip)

This is clearly against the Fedora code of conduct's requirement that
Fedora community members be awesome to one another. It is perfectly
fine to question design decisions, but it is *not* OK to impute nasty
motives to those decisions without any evidence. Please exercise some
restraint and discuss decisions based on the facts, not based on
imagined motivations.