Heads up - Anaconda 22.17 will enforce 'good' passwords

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jan 30 21:08:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 01:13:47PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Just FYI, this will likely be my last post to this thread.
>
> I think most people think it's not such a big deal and cannot see why
> you are so stridently affected by it.

With all due respect, I think that several others, including myself, have
also spoken against it.

Interestingly, on Fedora Forum, it got no comment.  I suspect if it hits
RHEL, like several other Fedora-isms that get in, it will finally aggravate
people, but by then it will be too late.

It does nothing but aggravate people.  Is it something we'll deal with,
along with several other bad (IM less than HO) decisions?  Yeah, probably.

Does anyone REALLY think this is going to protect one single computer?

Is there a place to file a protest against it?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6