Release criterion proposal: "Package sets" (Alpha and Beta)

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 31 03:04:46 UTC 2015

> Hum, let me try one more change: if we have official Flavor
> netinsts, we don't really need to *require* the generic one to work
> for the flavors. KDE is kind of a question, but I think to try and
> reduce the workload maybe we should just require the generic netinst
> to work for minimal. So replace the Final proposal above with:
>
> Final: "When installing with the generic network install image with
> no update repositories enabled, the installer must be able to
> install the minimal package set."

So I went ahead and implemented the final final version of this just
to get it out of the way. All three criteria pages were edited:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Fedora_22_Final_Release_Criteria&diff=402346&oldid=402278
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Fedora_22_Beta_Release_Criteria&diff=402344&oldid=397425
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Fedora_22_Alpha_Release_Criteria&diff=402339&oldid=397424

I tweaked the default-boot-and-install test case slightly to require
the default package set to be correct (enforcing that bit of the
criteria):

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=QA:Testcase_Boot_default_install&diff=402342&oldid=402340

and I added
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Package_Sets_Minimal_Package_InstallĀ (back) to the Installation matrix to cover the 'package set selection must
work' and 'minimal install from generic netinst must work' criteria:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Installation_test_matrix&diff=402347&oldid=402181

I think that ought to cover everything. I threw the KDE package set
test in as an Optional for now; we could I guess check with KDE SIG
and see if they really want to block on the KDE package set being
installable from the generic netinst with the frozen release repos.

Thanks folks!

oh, while I was in the pages, I adjusted the 'default boot and
install' table to add the workstation and generic network install
images.