RC3 KDE Questions....

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Mar 8 20:51:42 UTC 2015

Ed Greshko wrote:

> Not sure if this is the best place, or if the KDE list would be better,
> but.....
>
> Installed the F22 KDE version and I've encountered at least 2 issues....
>
> 1.  Right click on the application launcher on the taskbar and select
> "Edit Applications" and nothing happens.

Indeed, nothing happens if kmenuedit isn't installed (and it currently isn't
by default).

> 2.  From the application launcher, go to "Applications --> Settings" and
> select "Language" and you get an indication that something is
> starting....but nothing happens.

I that's system-config-language, and for me, I get a policykit prompt

> I found these trying to select an input method, I use ibus in F21.  Found
> ibus not to be installed by default and I think that was done in the past.

As I don't use ibus, I cannot remember/comment if it was ever installed by
default or not before (my guess would be no, since kde spin default
historically has been english-only)

-- Rex