F22: nautilus will not allow desktop icons if using session type "Gnome on Wayland"

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 16:04:31 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-03-28 at 09:14 +0100, Giulio 'juliuxpigface' wrote:
> Hi Joachim,
>
> I think it's not a bug, the warning is clear enough. I'd say that
> this
> feature is not ready yet, but the developers are aware of it and know
> it's missing. The message is like a placeholder that warns users, but
> it's not a real error/exception.
>
> But hey, this is just my opinion and experienced users may know
> something I don't :)...

I would leave out the "yet" here.

Nautilus, the application, works just fine under Wayland. Nautilus,
the former desktop component, does not and we don't have high-priority
plans to change that. The classic session will continue to use X for
now.

What we do plan wrt. to the nautilus desktop window is to move it to a
separate process, so that the nautilus application can stop carrying
this ballast.