dnf vs yum

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat May 23 16:12:30 UTC 2015

On 05/23/2015 05:33 PM, Russel Winder wrote:
> I switched from yum to dnf, and now have managed to stop typing yum :-)
>
> However, I have a collection of packages that are not upgrading, I
> assume due to dependencies not being satisfied. With Yum I could find
> out what the dependencies were, but I do not see a way of doing this
> with dnf. The dnf help is either not being helpful or I am just
> missing the relevant bit.

You are likely facing the consequences of the dnf's changes having been
discussed in

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-April/209697.html
ff.

I had been facing this issue myself and consider this dnf behavior
change to be such kind of harmful and silly, I feel to decision to use
dnf on fc22 should be reverted.

Ralf