Self Introduction: Ricky Grassmuck

Gavin Flower GavinFlower at archidevsys.co.nz
Fri Nov 13 18:57:54 UTC 2015

See my answer at the bottom of this email.

On 14/11/15 06:14, Ricky Grassmuck wrote:

> Thanks for pointing those emails out, it's exactly what i was looking
> for! Those emails were getting lost in the mix so I created a bundle
> in gmail just for those so I can keep up with them separately. I think
> I'll get that VM deployed tonight and start going through the lists
> I've already received.
>

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015, 11:07 AM Adam Williamson
> <adamwill at fedoraproject.org <mailto:adamwill at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, 2015-11-13 at 16:28 +0000, Ricky Grassmuck wrote:
>     >
>     > What's the best way to find newly added packages/components that
>     need
>     > testing? I'm thinking of spinning up a base F23 VM in qemu/kvm
>     to use for
>     > installing and testing packages that I don't need or use on my
>     main setups.
>
>     fedora-easy-karma effectively does this - the goal is to file karma on
>     them, but of course it's telling you all the packages on your system
>     that come from updates-testing (i.e. are quite new and need testing).

[...]

In this list, the convention is to post replies at the end (with some
rare exceptions), or interspersed when appropriate, and to omit parts no
longer relevant.

The motivation of bottom posting like this: is that people get to see
the context before the reply, AND emails don't end up getting longer &
longer as people reply at the beginning forgetting to trim the now
irrelevant stuff at the end.

Cheers,
Gavin