Self-introduction: Devon Bundy

Gavin Flower GavinFlower at archidevsys.co.nz
Mon Nov 16 18:57:10 UTC 2015

On 17/11/15 07:45, Devon Bundy wrote:
> Hello world!
>
> My name is Devon Bundy and I'd like to introduce myself. I have been
> working in the proprietary field for years in PHP and MySQL as a DBA.
> I have only recently gotten more involved in Open-source, I used
> Debian for many years primarily but have been using Fedora for about a
> year. I enjoy supporting users and writing documentation. Because I've
> worked in the proprietary market for so long I've gotten good at
> breaking software (not having a proper QA team) so I look forward to
> testing software and finding bugs.
>
> I live in the United States with my wife and daughter.
> I can be be found as devonbundy in #fedora as well as others.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Devonbundy
>
> Feel free to PM me, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome!

Perhaps you can have ago at breaking the PostgreSQL 9.6 development
branch, a bit more of a challenge than MySQL!!! :-)

Cheers,
Gavin

P.S.  It is ironic that I have had 2 jobs where I have had to use MySQL,
but I have only used PostgreSQL for my own projects -  I'd recommend
PostgreSQL over MySQL (for many reasons: including performance,
reliability, and ease of use).