[Fedora-trans-ar] Place for Reviews & Docs

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Fri Jul 9 14:24:11 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Khamees 20 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 07:27 pm, Sherif Abdelgawad wrote:
> I am offering a host for having the needed
> place to hold WIKI, BLog & Documentation.
>
> I did upload the PO files mapping the current
> CVS with all the translated PO files to-date.
>
> For the people who does not know how to check
> out files from CVS, and only interested to
> review the translation. Please have a look
> at :
>
> http://www.arabic-fedora.org/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=40

> We can maintain WIKI & Document Management over there for
> any reviews. I also had a rating system so people
> can rate certain work.

The site is promising sherif. Thanks for the effort. I don't know why I feel
you make/register a site every minute ;)

There is only one thing which I didn't like very much in the site. It's
encoding is ISO. It would be much better if utf is used, especially that the
site contains a category of Quran which can't be rendered properly in ISO.

> Let me know if this something might ease the work
> here, or you would like to use some other method.

Just one point wich is very important. The webcvs!
When QA begins people will change what others have done. We need an easy way
to track those changes, discuss them and decide whether the original or the
new translation is correct.

Keep up the good work!

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA