[Fedora-trans-ar] initscripts -> Ghoneim

sabdelg at redhat.com sabdelg at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 14:39:28 UTC 2005

> Sherif, I have not reviewed the whole file. ;-)
> My work bore on untranslated and fuzzy strings only.

oh ok then :) How about take this file to review then ? ;)

>> - Usage ...
>> Use "estekhdam" rather than "este3mal"
>
> I would prefer :
> الصيغة
> or
> صيغة الاستخدام

Both are much better :)

>> - Starubg Red Hat Network Daemon
>>
>> First, don't translate "Red Hat Network" , it is trademark for a
>> product, so per
>> the new guidlines, leave it as is.
>>
>> Second, it is 3afareet el shabaka LOL
>> it should be: gary bed2 khedmat Red Hat Network
>
> :-)
>
> We have had a discussion about el-3afareet a long time ago. The
> credit goes to your former translators. :-)

Maha caught this one befor if I remmber correctly .. so let us make sure there
is no 3afareet in our translation LOL

>> - Unmounting CIFS filesystems
>> Unmounting is not "ezalet tasbeet" .. we need to find word for mount
>> and unmount
>
> فك

could be!

>> - Shutting down display manager
>> "gary ekaf moder el 3ard" ... hmm
>> How abuot "gary eghlak mota7akem al 3ard 3ala el shasha" , or something that
>> explain this better.
>
> I would rather avoid paraphrasing.

I would too, but if just sticking to the same words would not convey
the meaning
I tend to belive that providing the proper msg is the goal not "targama
7arfya".
Munzir, Maha, and others , what do you think?

- Sherif