[Fedora-trans-ar] Do we have any Web Developers within?

Sherif Abdelgawad sherif at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 12:17:33 UTC 2005

Sorry guys I was away for sometime .. So what is the status here both Maha & Ghoniem ?
We can discuss how the DB should be if you guys want.

Sherif

  YEs.. look ghoniem.. as u saying you have to define the table or specific column with certain encoding which is utf-8 to be able to store arabic or whatever..
  the problem was i couldn't use simple sql statement.. now the other issue that when i display the results on browser i have to change the encoding to "Arabic(Windows)" to see arabic letter.. the problem now from the JSps side not db anymore.. although i set metadata and charset with utf-8 but something obvious i didn't notice till now :-))

  MAha.

  On 9/3/05, Mohammad Ghoniem <Mohammad.Ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr> wrote:
    Maha Helwa wrote:

    > Ghoniem.. don't u know about that Arabic issue in the db.. how to
    > insert them with the right encoding and how to read them properly?

    As far as I know, the db needs to be in UTF-8 to handle Arabic
    correctly. Try creating your db in UTF-8 from the beginning i.e. do not
    alter the tables to be in UTF-8 afterwards. I will be doing some tests
    in shâ'a Allâh.

    salâm