[Fedora-trans-ar] Do we have any Web Developers within?

Mohammad Ghoniem Mohammad.Ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr
Sun Sep 11 06:06:25 UTC 2005

Maha Helwa wrote:

> Ghoniem.. Sorry :)) didn't see last code version.. just run first
> one.. hmmm..

hmmm :)

> but i notice something want to ask u about it..  i did see at some
> headers of POEntities "python-format" it's not fuzzy flag..

There are several kinds of comments in PO files, according to
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/gettext_9.html  :
1- translator's comments
2- automatic comments
3- flags (like "fuzzy")
4- references

> does this kind of header really matter.. do we have to skip it!! it's
> not a user comment.. but don't know if we skip it does this means
> corrupting po file.. do get my point...

We should keep everything we find in PO files. Our job is translation. :-)

Therefore, all we can do is :
- add translator's comments
-modify flags

We must not modify/delete references nor flags imho.

> why dont' u try to create po file or update an already existing one..
> Using POFile & POMessages objects.. or did u already do it :))

In the demo you received, the contents of po files are printed in the
command-line (System.out), which works the same way as any java
OutputStream, including files.

Salâm

Mohammad