[Fedora-trans-ar] Do we have any Web Developers within?

Maha Helwa ms.helwa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 12:35:16 UTC 2005

> > Ghoniem.. Sorry :)) didn't see last code version.. just run first
> > one.. hmmm..
>
> hmmm :)

 :)) sorry i'll do it soon isA..

> but i notice something want to ask u about it.. i did see at some
> > headers of POEntities "python-format" it's not fuzzy flag..
>
> There are several kinds of comments in PO files, according to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/gettext_9.html :
> 1- translator's comments
> 2- automatic comments
> 3- flags (like "fuzzy")
> 4- references

 When this automated comments generated?! do we have to generate it or keep
it's values as it is.. unchanged?!

> does this kind of header really matter.. do we have to skip it!! it's
> > not a user comment.. but don't know if we skip it does this means
> > corrupting po file.. do get my point...
>
> We should keep everything we find in PO files. Our job is translation. :-)
>
> Therefore, all we can do is :
> - add translator's comments
> -modify flags
>
> We must not modify/delete references nor flags imho.

 I agree with u.. i didn't clarify my point quite well.. i mean the others;
references we will not modify them.. shall we keep them in db or left them
in PO file?..in other words.. while modify an already existing po file.. we
will just modify the translation itself, write the status of the string;
fuzzy flag; whether or not the string is fuzzy or not..or add new user
comment or modify it.. we won't touch the references.. it's static data..
the question is:
Which better we left such data;references and the file header in file, or we
should store it in db like any other data; msgID & msgStr ?
Got my point ?!

> why dont' u try to create po file or update an already existing one..
> > Using POFile & POMessages objects.. or did u already do it :))
>
> In the demo you received, the contents of po files are printed in the
> command-line (System.out), which works the same way as any java
> OutputStream, including files.

  Yes right.. but arabic letters didn't displayed correctly because u used
console.. but propebly it will.. u adjust the encoding to be utf-8..
 Ghoneim why dont' u try to change a string in PO File.. write into PO
file?!

Thanks
BR,
-Maha.