[Fedora-trans-de] Remove Language "Schwyzertütsch"

Roman Spirgi rspirgi at gmail.com
Fr Jun 3 20:23:51 UTC 2011

Hi Fedora Website Team,

I recently joined the German language translation team. When visiting
www.fedoraproject.org I am automatically redirected to the Swiss German
version called "Schwyzerdütsch" due to I am Swiss, but actually there
does not exist a translated version in Swiss German yet.

What is more in the German part of Switzerland there isn't any
standardized orthography and there are many different dialects as well.
So it would be even difficult to agree on a unique Swiss German
version.

The official written language in the German part of Switzerland is
"normal" German.

So I suggest to remove the Swiss German language and redirect the Swiss
German users to the German site by default. That would make more sense.
A "Swiss-German" version could be a "fun-thing", but I think we do not have the
ressources anyway (yet).

Cheers, Roman

--
Roman Spirgi - bigant
Contributor - Member of the German Fedora Translation Team