[Fwd: another favor...]

Boris Becker beckerde at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 22:12:57 UTC 2006

> > initscripts:
> >
> > - "yY" and "nN" - to translate as if it means "yes" and "no"? or to
>leave
> > as is? (cos of deeper binding with input?)
Translate it. Let QA people correct it later.

> > - Waiting for reader attach/detach events... - "Waiting for reader
>events"
> > or "Waiting for reader TO attach/detach events" (I am not all that
> > familiar with actual procedures)
Waiting for reader events

> > - stale lock files may be present in $directory - what is "stale"? what
> > does "stale lock" mean?
"Stale lock files" means files that are present, and should not exist
because nobody is using it.
They probably do exist because of a crash or an abnormal functioning.

> > - Given IPv6 default gateway '$address' is link-local, but no scope or
> > gateway device is specified - What is "scope"?
>From the American Heritage Dictionary
Scope: The area covered by a given activity or subject.
IPv6 network activity.
In spanish it means "ámbito".

> > system-config-bind:
> >
> > -  Specifying values other than { none; } or { any; } is usually
> > counterproductive (…) - To translate { none; } and { any; } ?
No, they must be in English in order to work.

> > - Trust Anchor - ehm?
This I owe you. I don't know.

> > - Digest - ehm?
Summary

> > - Naming Authority Pointer - ehm, "pointer"? and is it "Naming OF
> > Authority Pointer" or "Pointer FOR Naming Authority"? or…
the second one.

> > - Pointer to RFC822/X.400 Mapping - ehm?
As it is.

> > - Well Known Service (deprecated: use SRV) - "well known" as general
>term
> > well known or is the name of some specific sercice/status?
General term.

> > - Bit Map Specifying Port Numbers - ehm?
As it is.

> > - Zone Drag Error - ehm?

A specified zone has errors that come from before in the config file.

> > Thanks!
Your welcome.

Domingo Becker