Fedora tools don't give credits to translators

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Sep 26 14:47:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 12:56 +0200, Renato Pavičić wrote:
> Dana Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:20:20 +0200, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>
> napisali ste:
>
> Hi,
>
> Well, I guess it's to late for this release, but you could do something
> like
>

> 1. separate modul named "credits"; it will contain a list of all
> translatable stuff, followed by separate lines for:
> - name(s)
> - e-mail addresses
> - URL of localization project
>
> or
>
> 2. Adding above lines into each individual translatable modul (POT/PO)
>
> I think second method would be most stable (translating, coding...)
> Both methods would require some additional coding,

Can anyone here help with this or a similar idea?

> but it would be very
> nice to have ones name somewhere, at least as a meaning to get feedback
>  from users.

Oh!  I was so mad at ourselves this weekend when I realized we did not
have a good plan to include translators.

What we have, though, is this:

1. Colophon lists some people;
2. At the bottom of the colophon it points people to the Web-only
release of the notes

So, we can make this better by filling out that page before the release.
The list of name won't be in the ISO, but we can issue an update to the
fedora-release-notes package with the complete list.

- Karsten

--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project