informal translator survey

Keld Jørn Simonsen keld at dkuug.dk
Thu Feb 22 19:21:26 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 11:39:10AM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Some random questions...
>
> 1) Would you, as a translator, be OK with having to use git, mercurial,
>    subversion, or cvs, depending on which app you're translating?

It is fine as it is now, but other ways could also be OK.

> 2) Would you, as a translator, be OK with doing all translating through
>    a web-based application?

I would not appreciate it. I prefer to use my own tools, and then commit
it. In some cases this improves my productivity by maybe 80 %.

I would not oppose at system where some may translate via the web and
others as they please and checking it in.

Best regards
keld