Upcoming elvis move -- preparations

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Feb 14 20:58:34 UTC 2008

Hi all,

a quick reminder that on Monday we have the elvis move.

I've prepared a mass email to the people with an elvis translation
account to inform them for the move, and suggest to create Fedora
accounts. The email will be sent (hopefully) tomorrow, to give our
contributors a window of 3 days to create a Fedora account. A couple
of things for consideration:

 1. We'll use the updated Translation Quick Start Guide for
instructions to join the Fedora L10n Project. All teams that would
like their contributors to migrate smoothly, might want to make sure
their TQSG translations are up2date:

  http://translate.fedoraproject.org/module/docs-translation-quick-start-guide

 2. We'll need some help over on IRC, to make sure any users having
questions will find the help they need for information about the
project, and SSH key and account creations.

 3. We'll get a bunch of new users on our FAS group and mailing list.
To people who have 'sponsor' access on cvsl10n: please keep an eye on
upcoming requests, check out if the user is indeed a user of ours, and
grant her access as quickly as possible. Anyone willing to help out in
this process, just send me an email.

 4. Let's make sure all new contributors feel welcome! Our more
distributed environment is definitely more complex than the older one,
but it's the right thing (tm) to do. The TQSG and /wiki/L10N/FAQ are
our best docs right now, feel free to add any Q that comes up in the
FAQ and then point the user there, so that we have it ready for the
next time.

That's it for now! Now, if only I had a way to send an email to ~2300
people without choking any SMTP servers..

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/