Upcoming elvis move -- preparations

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Feb 16 17:35:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 12:59 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>  > Paul W. Frields (stickster at gmail.com) said:
>  > > Can you or anyone point me to somewhere that memorializes the advice
>  > > that came from our legal eagles, or an email telling us about it?  I am
>  > > collecting this for a Board project.
>  >
>  > My understanding was that anything that goes directly into the distro
>  > needs a full CLA. Translations for comps do that. Other translations
>  > (release notes, etc.) go in via one layer of indirection, while translations
>  > for code may have one or two in-betweens.
>
>  Right, but I'm trying to get a written reference to the actual source of
>  that understanding (which I share, BTW).

The best reference we currently have is:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/CLAAcceptanceHierarchies

Translations clearly fall into the 4th category for most of the modules.

There are some modules, though, that receive translations through
Transifex but could be considered less risky. Projects that Fedora
isn't upstream for example, like yum maybe, or others that aren't even
packaged (like Transifex itself). Maybe these could work without
cla-done at some point in the future.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos