German translation of system-config-firewall

Xavi Conde xavi.conde at
Tue Sep 22 10:27:49 UTC 2009

Hi Thomas,

2009/9/22 Thomas Woerner <twoerner at>:
> Hello,
> as the maintainer of system-config-firewall, I have ongoing problems with
> german translations in this tool.
> In german there is no matching word for "trusted". The translation
> "vertraut" means "familiar" or "close", but not "trusted"! In the german
> language we are using "Trusted Computing" as a fixed term, because you can
> not have a short term explaining it correctly. Therefore I am also using
> "trusted" for services and interfaces.
> Every few weeks some translators are replacing the word "trusted" with
> "vertraut". Can you please stop doing this?
> I would appreciate if you are changing all occurrences of "vertraut" back to
> "trusted".
> Thanks in advance,
> Thomas
> PS: Maybe also other languages are affected by this problem, but I can not
> check that.

these requests are better communicated to developers by filing a bug
in redhat's bugzilla, also it makes tracking the issue easier and more
public. Please enter yourself the issue into, the
steps should be easy.

"There's no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact, it's all dark."

Un bloc de cinépatas: