Strings not translatable under master-spins-fedoraproject

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 22 04:56:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:53 PM, shaiton <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>>> Kevin,
>>>

>>> [3]/[4] - I thought those were already in the pot file. I don't have
>>> the code in front of me to double-check. However, if its not, this
>>> should be easy to fix.
>>

> I've now msgmerge my po file... so everything is ok but this string:
> "%s for %s-bit PC ISO"
> Which corresponds for example at "54K Torrent File for 32-bit PC ISO"
> Could you please set only decimal values to be not translatable, in
> order to be able to translate "Torrent File" and "PC ISO" (both words
> should be swapped in some languages)
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> --
> Kévin Raymond
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2
> --

Kevin,

I was looking at the spins pot file and the string that handles "54K
Torrent File for 32-bit PC ISO" is

msgid "54K Torrent File for 64-bit PC ISO"

The msgid "%s for %s-bit PC ISO" is for strings like "500MB for 32-bit PC ISO".

Its possible that the fr.po file you are looking at isn't including
these strings.

Also, the %s in the strings correspond to a number/variable and the
order is important. I'll look into a way if its possible to change
this behavior, where order isn't strict.

Sijis