Intro of "Fedora Live Images" not translated

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Sat May 29 21:17:33 UTC 2010

On 05/30/2010 05:10 AM, Piotr Drąg wrote:
> W dniu 29.05.2010 17:32, Miloš Komarčević pisze:
>
>> I've noticed that translations of intro paragraph in "Fedora Live
>> Images" do not appear in translated docs, although they do exist.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this?
>>

> This is a known issue. We were using Publican 1.6.2 to build PO files
> and now we are using Publican 1.99 to publish them. This is causing some
> troubles with missing translations etc. I think Publican's developers
> are aware of this situation.

Piotr's explanation is correct; and there are similar examples of
unmatched strings scattered through many docs.

The solution is to refresh the POT and PO files of these docs using
Publican 1.6.3 (currently released version) or 1.99 (same codebase as
1.6.3 but with the web publishing components included). We would not
have made these changes at this time, except that 1.6.2 had some severe
translation problems of its own. This process is certain to create many
fuzzies, and probably break a few strings entirely. Running this process
prior to GA when many teams were still working would have been far too
disruptive.

Now that we're past GA, I'm happy to run this so that teams can
eliminate these problems. I could either:

* refresh docs individually, as soon as any language team requests it

* just refresh any doc where there has been no translation activity
after GA

Which would you guys prefer?

Cheers
Rudi