Some fedora projects are still not using transifex (properly)

Noriko Mizumoto noriko.mizumoto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:09:30 UTC 2012

(2012年02月19日 08:00), Kévin Raymond wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We have moved to transifex.net long ago now, and still some projects
> are not alive to us!
> Some devels just don't know how to deal with transifex and
> transifex-client, some does not know that they have to pull (or fill
> the hook URL on the project setup), and some just never build update
> with our translations.
> That's really painful for us, who spend so much time providing translations.

I can feel same pain.
Can you name the packages which do not push/pull latest translatable files?
So that I can report and ask FESCO at F17 Readiness Meeting to be held
on 23-Feb.

> And know, we have the ability to proofread translations, but devels
> simply don't know about it cause they don't read transifex release
> notes. And they are devels, not translators, they should not have to.
>
> How could we efficiently deal with them?
> Writing on devel? Too noisy there.
> Filling trac tickets? Probably the best solution, but take lot of time
> for the reporter to explain what is needed.
> IMHO, our FLSCo members should do that, but this is a lot for few
> people (how many of our FLSCo seats are alive???).

Devel should take care of translation too, it is not so difficult I
guess, simply push and pull.
I've tried to track them once... and you know how painful it was. We
need efficient procedure.
Also fresh FLSCO members are required for future release. The election
can be arranged after the release.

> The most important to me is to clean our projects.
> Could we have a list of dead upstream to ping? By dead uptream, I mean
> projects without any maintainer, without anyone which is pulling our
> translations and pushing pot back.
> This could be done by filtering projects with wrong maintainers like
> Dimitris[1] (linked to [2]), and also the one who have never pushed a
> pot for a long time (or even never pulled if possible, dunno what we
> can see from the Indifex side).

This is effective way to go in my opinion.
Translation does not come free of charge. Translation comes open mind.
How can we start?

noriko