tx client push got HTTP403 error

alick alick9188 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:55:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have used transifex client to do offline translations for several
months. But this week the method does not work for me. When I try to
push translated stuff about fedora website or abrt or rpm(an upstream
for fedora), it always throws out HTTP 403 error. However, when it comes
with fedora install guide, the push runs fine.

Below is my test from the command line (done just now):

  $ tx  push -t -l zh_CN -r fedora-install-guide.adminoptions
  Pushing translations for resource fedora-install-guide.adminoptions:
  Pushing 'zh_CN' translations (file:
translations/fedora-install-guide.adminoptions/zh_CN.po)
  Done.
  $ tx  push -t -l zh_CN -r fedora-web.spins-fedoraproject-org
  Pushing translations for resource fedora-web.spins-fedoraproject-org:
  Pushing 'zh_CN' translations (file:
translations/fedora-web.spins-fedoraproject-org/zh_CN.po)
  HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: FORBIDDEN

I am guaranteed the priviledge of pushing source pot files to fedora
install guide on transifex, but I think this should not make a
difference when I just push translations. I should also add that
uploading the translated po files using the web interface works fine for
all the projects mentioned above.

Tiansword, the coordinator of Simplified Chinese translation team have
talked with me on IRC, and he told me that he also got HTTP 403 errors.
Maybe he can give some more comments later.

I once created a ticket on indifex on this issue[1], and it is being
processed. (Sorry I want to say it seems not very quick.) It seems other
people can not see the detailed messages on that link. So I post it here
to ask for more help:

* Is there any other people experiencing this problem?
* What is the real problem? And how can I solve it?

[1] https://indifex.zendesk.com/tickets/308

--
alick
Fedora 16 (Verne) user